Weekly Download 14.10Posted: June 11, 2014
The Next Generation Enterprise Platform explores the need “for a technical approach for the next generation enterprise that’s beyond what is currently available, or maybe more accurately, supports the need to use available technology in a somewhat different way.”
User-Centric IT: Transforming IT to Put People First looks at a new paradigm for enterprise IT. The five core principles resonate with me:
- User-Centric IT serves the business by empowering people.
- User-Centric IT adapts to the way people work, not the other way around..
- People, information and knowledge must connect in real time.
- Mobility is a work-style preference, not a device..
- Security should be inherent and transparent to the user experience.
A graphic overview of Accenture’s six key IT Trends 2014. You can click on each box for a deeper dive. Then, take a second look at the trends in a circle graph that shows the evolution from technology to the building blocks for new business models.
New ways of consuming information are making news:
- Have you heard of Quartz? Think Tumblr meets Wired magazine. This is old media (Atlantic Media) innovating to stay relevant.
- Very Short List describes themselves as a “delightful e-mail that shares cultural gems from a different curator every day.”
- Tab Dump is a curated list of news available via RSS, Twitter or email.