They’re HerePosted: August 20, 2015
It’s difficult to overstate the impact of millennials in the workplace. An interesting tension has developed as they have become the largest working generation, but their power is tempered by the fact that many organizations are led by their baby boomer predecessors. In roughly ten years, however, millenials will be taking the helm in droves. How differences in work styles, lifestyles and values are respected (or not respected) will shape the future of business.
If you’ve ever found yourself questioning the work ethic of millenials or simply not understanding how and why they do what they do, take a gander at Why Millennials Understand the Future of Work Better Than Anyone Else. Maybe you’ll come to appreciate that, “…millennials are perfectly positioned to create the sustainable independent work economy that we—and they—need.”
If you haven’t done so already, getting up to speed on the nature and traits of millennial employees should be a priority for any leader. The payoff will be not only be easing the transition, but also maximizing the talents of this unique group.
- How Aging Millennials Will Affect Technology Consumption
- Instill a Sense of Purpose, Unleash Better Performance
- If Millennials Ruled the Corporate World
- This year, Millennials will overtake Baby Boomers
- Millennials a Catalyst for Innovation
- The Deloitte Millennial Survey 2015